Re: CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:31:50 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, satya narayana wrote:

> But the issue we are getting in a few machines our httpclient program could
> not works fine (for the same remote host http service). always it returns
> "CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT" Error, even that http service available
>
> we are able to telnet that same http service for that target machine,
> However our httpclient program should also work.

That's very strange. CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT means that the TCP connect fails,
so if you can telnet to the same IP and port number something is truly wrong.

Can you wireshark the connection and see what exactly happens over the
network? Alternatively, use strace or similar to see what exact system calls
libcurl uses that end up failing.