Re: Memory Leak in Libcurl ( with OpenSSL )

From: 林聖雄 <brother21913_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:53:51 +0800

2010/1/19 Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>:
> On Tue January 19 2010 13:31:44 林聖雄 wrote:
>> I noticed that when use libcurl compiled with OpenSSL, IDE would
>> detect my program have 36(16 + 20) bytes memory leak. Following is my
>> development enviroment :
>>
>> IDE: Visual Studio 2005
>> Libcurl: 7.19.7( with openssl & zlib)
>
> Is the leak growing per connection?

No, it just leak once.

> If not, I personally wouldn't consider it as problem.

Yes, I agree with you, so I don't report this when a couple of months
ago I found this issue. Recently, when I change some projects compiled
with static library, I see this message just in IDE. I think maybe
there is a solution to fix it, so I post.

> There was an OpenSSL/zlib memory leaking issue discovered recently, but
> haven't investigated further if it was related in your case or not:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/546707

Don't think it related in this case. Because I just need to call
curl_global_init(CURL_GLOBAL_ALL); and curl_global_cleanup(); and
needn't to do any request in the program will cause this memory leak.

> Kamil

Tim