Timeout for Expect: 100 Continue

From: Neeraj Malhotra <malhotra_neeraj_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2010 09:23:06 -0000

Hello Everyone,

What is the default timeout for receiving a response to Expect: 100-Continue request? Can it be changed? Also when was this change introduced in libcurl (I am using curl-7.15.1-19.16.13)?

We are facing a problem where the requests are routed via proxy server which does not forward the response of 100-continue to the origin server. What we have observed is that the origin server keeps waiting indefinitely for the response.

Right now, I have worked it around by removing the "Expect:" header from the request which solves the problem. But I was wondering if there is a better way of doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Neeraj