Re: enableEventValidation="true"

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:25:06 -0500

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 1:04 PM, <xml909_at_aol.com> wrote:

> Greetings. My target site (.aspx pages) requires that I pass it begin and
> end dates, and as soon as the year became 2010, my PHP cURL script is no
> longer working.
>
> The exact error message is:
> Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using
> <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page
> EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this
> feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate
> from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid
> and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method
> in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.
>
> For any dates previous to January 1, 2010, my script works fine. (The data
> I'm scraping is from county records and is public information)
>
> Any insight on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

All I see there is "my program broke, how do I fix it?" We're going to need
some more detail to be able to make any sensible suggestions. For example,
how are you passing the date? What curl version? Have you tried the same
page fetch using the command-line tool or a browser, and did it work as
expected?

Ralph Mitchell