Re: libcurl supports only one OpenSSL handle at a time?

From: Chris MacGregor <chris-curl_at_cybermato.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:04:44 -0800

On 1/15/2010 12:21 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, Chris MacGregor wrote:
>
>> Hi. I'm using libcurl 7.19.6 on Linux, built with OpenSSL support.
>> It seems that if I try to have more than one handle doing an https
>> transfer (in either direction) at a time, I get CURLE_SSL_CONNECT_ERROR.
>>
>> Is this expected? I haven't found anything in the documentation
>> about it. Is there a solution or workaround?
>
> You mean as in multi-threaded more than one at a time? If yes, do you
> use the OpenSSL mutex callbacks properly?

Sorry, I should have been more clear about that. No, just one thread.
This happens whether or not the easy handles are all part of the one
multi handle or not. For instance, if I have one download going, and I
remove it from the multi handle and start up another one on a different
easy handle and add that new easy handle to the multi handle, then I get
this error. Likewise if I leave the first easy handle in the multi
handle. I think it even happens if the first download fails and I start
the next one on a new easy handle rather than re-using the first one -
that's the case I just ran into yesterday.