Re: Connection seems to be dead

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 23:59:30 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, Chris Conroy wrote:

>> Cool, I'm looking forward to that! Are you in sync with CVS or are you
>> working against a fixed release?

> Right now, I'm working against 7.19.7, but I could pretty easily upgrade to
> the latest CVS if that is your preference.

I'm just thinking that the upcoming release is probably one of the larger
changes in the source code since a long time so chances are fairly high that a
patch against 7.19.7 won't apply cleanly on CVS/7.20.0.

So yes, when you do present a patch for this I'd prefer it to be against CVS
to make it easier for me.

> Well, that's good news because it means we know the source of the issue.
> However, letting it read all incoming data is almost definitely not what we
> want to happen here. Once the server starts sending interleaved RTP data, it
> will do so until the stream is over. However, the application will need the
> ability to issue other commands over the same connection (e.g. PAUSE) while
> this is happening. Let me know if you have any thoughts on how to work
> around this problem.

I'll confess I don't know RTSP so I may sound stupid here, but why exactly are
you "leaving" the connection as done when a transfer is clearly still going?