Re: Protocol https unsupported or disabled in libcurl

From: Roy HEUER <roy.heuer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:43:59 +0200

>> I followed the guide called "Using libcurl with SSH support in Visual
>> Studio
>> 2008" to the letter (I even downloaded the versions as specified in the
>> pdf). Everything compiled successfully, but when I try to change the URL
>> https://localhost, I receive a message saying that https is not supported
>> or
>> disabled in libcurl.
>
> I'm not _sure_ but I just scanned through that document and I didn't find
> how/where it actually enables HTTPS ? It speaks a lot and shows how to
> enable
> SSH-related protocols (SCP and SFTP) but not a lot about HTTPS. Are you sure
> it is supposed to work with that instruction?
>
>> How can I obtain the correct libcurl with ssh support, or even enable
>> this?
>
> ssh or https? now you seem to be confused...

Hi Daniel,

Apologies on the ssh statement - I meant https :)

The main reason why I followed the guide was because I am trying to do
an https post to a web application I have developed, where I need both
the host and peer to be verified. I ran into problems when including
the CURLOPT_CAINFO instruction in VS2005, so I assumed I need to
possibly use OpenSSL to solve my problem - that is why I followed the
guide in VS2008. (I am kinda new to using curl so I wanted to follow
it verbatim).

However, I have just found that even if I just use the libcurl library
in VS2008 it gives me the same problem (https unsupported) when using
https without the CURLOPT_CAINFO instruction - this does work in
VS2005 however...