RE: Some very early feedback in SMTP testing.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 21:59:59 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Patrick Monnerat wrote:

> Remember a data line beginning with a dot should be preceded by an
> additional dot :-)

This is now supported, and test case 803 verifies it!

> Just a small remark abour CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT: in the current version, you can
> only send a mail to a single address. The protocol allows you to specify
> several RCPT TO statements for the same mail. I would suggest to change
> CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT char* argument into a struct slist* for that purpose.

Right, this is now what I've made it into.

> Also forcing <> around the CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM and CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT values
> supposes they are e-mail addresses alone, making arguments as "name surname
> <e-mail-address>" infeasible; extra mail-parameters and rcpt-parameters
> cannot be specified either.

Indeed, I removed those hardcoded things as well.

Thanks a lot for your continued feedback.

POP3, IMAP and SMTP can now be tested with our standard test suite as the test
FTP server now has been made capable of speaking the other protocols too.

I will appreciate more feedback and testing of these new protocols as I
believe they are now starting to become really usable!