Re: cURL 7.19.7 v. VMS

From: Craig Berry <craigberry_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:53:30 -0600

On Wednesday, December 30, 2009, at 10:19AM, "Yang Tse" <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>Hey,
>
>Another question...
>
>Which is the proper data type that the second argument of function
>getnameinfo should have on VMS. Is it arch, RTL or compiler dependant?
>There is an outstanding FIXME for the definition of
>GETNAMEINFO_TYPE_ARG2 in config-vms.h.

The current docs are here:

<http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/82final/6529/6529pro_015.html#r_getnameinfo_name>

where it looks like it's size_t. While these things could in principle vary by RTL version, I see the same thing in a header on a 1997-era system so I think that's our best bet -- certainly better than FIXME.