Re: c-ares vs. IPv6 question

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 14:48:29 +0100

On Mon December 7 2009 00:10:23 Kamil Dudka wrote:
> However it seems to work fine with c-ares disabled:
>
> $ curl -v localhost localhost6
> * About to connect() to localhost port 80 (#0)
> * Trying ::1... Connection refused
> * Trying 127.0.0.1... Connection refused

From Daniel's reply I understood the above is not supposed to work
with c-ares now.

> * About to connect() to localhost6 port 80 (#0)
> * Trying ::1... Connection refused

The second case somehow worked only if --ipv6 was given to curl. This has
been fixed after c-ares-1.6.0. However forcing the shared c-ares library
wasn't sufficient to make it working. curl needs to be rebuilt against newer
c-ares headers. So it had been actually my mistake to see the failure.

The mentioned test241 now works for me with c-ares, too.

Kamil