Re: undefined reference to `dlsym'

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:01:31 +0100

On Friday 30 of October 2009 21:46:02 David Byron wrote:
> On Friday October 30, 2009 @ 1:31 PM, Kamil Dudka wrote:
> > On Friday 30 of October 2009 21:17:13 David Byron wrote:
> > > I haven't figured out a good way to add "-ldl" to
> > > CURL_LIBS, or in some other way get the curl app to
> > > link.
> >
> > Does setting LDFLAGS=-ldl solve the problem (with the
> > original configure script)?
>
> Yes it does -- both at configure time and when linking the curl executable.
> I don't mind setting this but I'm curious whether there's something special
> about my system or if maybe we can teach autoconf to figure this out for
> itself.

It looks like your OpenSSL build needs -ldl (dynamically linked) and the
configure script does not know about it. You are specifying the path to
OpenSSL and I think this prevent the configure script from using pkg-config.
Does your system provide a working pkg-config? If yes try the following and
paste the output here:

$ pkg-config openssl --libs

Eventually you can try to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to
force your local build of OpenSSL and see what happens.

Kamil