Re: Cksum error when posting a file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 23:48:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, Gross, Tim (Utility Computing Architect) wrote:

> I am having a problem when I post a file to a URL that I know is valid.
> When I create a simple html form, load it in my browser, paste the XML
> contents into a field in the form, and submit, the server responds as
> expected.

Right, but I guess you're posting to the URL you read the form from and not
where you should POST to. And since you say you posted with your browser to
there, I also think you didn't format the data the same way.

LiveHTTPHeaders is of course a fine tool that would tell you this. The
checksum thing is a dead-end as that is a TCP thing that A) is beyond what
libcurl controls and B) if the receiver actually cared about the bad checksum
it wouldn't have received the POST in the first place.