Re: Win32 - MSVC 7.15.1 devel SSL enabled Chris Drake

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 16:31:39 +0200

Hi Peter,
Peter Klose schrieb:
> Sorry, i was asking for help, not to make myself look like a fool.
sorry from here, but I got that, and was just kidding about the long
time - I would have expected you come here earlier.

> So you might guess it, yes. there is always sonme trouble when tying to compile from the sources with MSVC6, thats why i ended up with the precompiled libs from Chris Drake. So again my question is how can i make these run in release mode.
> And No, i am not asking for advice like "Why dont you use another compiler?" sorry if i sound a bit rude.
libcurl 7.15.1 is hopelessly outdated, and we will not support anything
about it. You do yourself no favour if you rely on something that old -
you will most likely run into another problem next, and then you come
here again and get frustrated that you spent any more time with the old
version,and then get no help, but instead again told to update. Beside
that the OpenSSL version of this package is same outdated too, and if
you plan to create a secure application then it is *required* that you
use latest OpenSSL 0.9.8k.
Projects like OpenSSL and libcurl contain tons of security fixes, and if
you ignore this fact then you are not a serious coder.
Please download latest OpenSSL, compile it self (is well explained in
README.W32), and then compile latest libcurl (is also well explained in
docs/INSTALL), and if you run into problems then we are glad to help out
so that you get it compiled / linked.

greets, Günter.