Re: proxy not working on Windows

From: Tiberiu Motoc <tiberiu.motoc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:44:11 -0700

Hi Constantine,

Thanks a lot for your answer. It worked with fully qualified domain
names and it works with the IP address. Stupid me... I spent so long
debugging this.

I don't even know what c-ares is. I'm reading on haxx.se that this is
a C library for resolving domain names. Without c-ares, how else is
libcurl supposed to resolve domain names? So, is there an option to
compile libcurl with or without c-ares support? I see a hostares.c
file in the source directory. Is this it?
The thing is that I was using an older compiled version of libcurl. I
have access to the source code and to the build areas, but I don't
know how it was compiled (with what options). I do see a c-ares/lib
folder around the build area. Once again, is c-ares necessary?

Thanks,
Tiberiu