nss: timeouts within Curl_nss_recv() and Curl_nss_send()

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 18:43:25 +0200

Hello,

I finally got some time to review the recent Guenter's patch for lib/nss.c. It
looks good to me and it works fine with my test-suite [1]. I've just built it
for rawhide.

While doing review of the patch, I spotted some nasty things in computing
timeouts within Curl_nss_recv() and Curl_nss_send(). I wonder how this is
supposed to work.

If the socket works in non-blocking mode, why do we bother to compute some
timeouts at all? If the socket works in blocking mode, we want perhaps to
switch it to non-blocking mode.

Any idea?

Kamil

[1] git clone http://kdudka.fedorapeople.org/git/nss.git