Re: NSS Initialization flags

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:00:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, Guenter wrote:

>>> Perhaps adding a curl_global_setopt() would make sense.
>>
>> Over all I like the idea.
> +1 - sounds good.

> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/NSS_Initialize

Lookie lookie, how nice! (Ironicly, they say we rather use NSS_Init if
possible and yet that simpler function is not documented in a similarly nice
way so it's actually harder to use than the more advanced function...)

Given that description, it seems like the NSS_INIT_COOPERATE option is the
most likely option anyone would like.

Perhaps we can just get away with using another bit in the curl_global_init()
bitmask for this specific purpose? It would have the benefit that it doesn't
add a new function and thus is easily adapted to by existing apps and bindings
etc. The new bit would also just be ignored by older libcurls.