cURL hangs

From: richard oehlinger [celum] <richard.oehlinger_at_celum.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:25:23 +0200

Hi,
I'm using cURL as my HTTP communication back-end (via wxCURL) and after
long sessions with lots of connections opened and closed it sometimes
hangs in the curl_easy_perform function. I figured out to reproduce this
error (even with the command line curl) by put the computer in Stand-By
mode during a long lasting HTTP download.
I had a look at the source code and I think, that the problem is
somewhere in the Curl_socket_ready or Curl_readwrite or in the Trasfer
function, because it's never in an error state even though the write
file descriptor was set to CURL_SOCKET_BAD.

Can someone give me an advice how to work around that problem?

Thanks Richard