Re: NSS and configure and pkg-config

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:16:12 +0200

Hi Daniel,
Guenter schrieb:
> Daniel Stenberg schrieb:
>> To ask pkg-config for info about a particular package for _another_
>> system than the local, you have to either find another pkg-config
>> installation or figure out how to tell pkg-config to use another database.
ok, I examined further, and seems that both ways are possible:
1. we can check for ${host}-pkg-config and use that if found; I checked
that both cross compilers have their own pkg-config:
# which i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config
/usr/bin/i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config
# which x86_64-pc-mingw32-pkg-config
/usr/bin/x86_64-pc-mingw32-pkg-config
these have the right PKG_CONFIG_PATH set by default.
2. we can use standard pkg-config, and point to another database with
PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

I think the configure check should then look like (pseudo code):

if crosscompile; then
  if ${host}-pkg-config found and executable; then
    pkgconfig=${host}-pkg-config
  else if PKG_CONFIG_PATH set and is directory; then
    pkgconfig=pkg-config
  else
    pkgconfig=no
  fi