Re: NSS and configure and pkg-config

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:46:48 +0200

On Monday 31 of August 2009 16:26:51 Guenter wrote:
> > I am not an autotools guru, but this line looks like a bad idea to me.
> > It's not generic enough assumption. It's a bit subtle to place something
> > like this to configure.ac.
>
> so where can we seek for such a guru? :)

A few of them are just sitting in my office :-) But first I need to educate
myself about cross-compile vs. autoconf/pkgconfig to figure out what we
actually need to ask for...

> > Is really pkg-config the only obstruction which prevents libcurl-NSS to
> > be built by mingw? Are you able to build libcurl-NSS if you change the
> > suspicious line manually (by removing -ldl and adding whatever it lacks)?
>
> yes - changed configure to teh values I get from pkg-config:

Great!

> so compilation works - however usage is then another story, and needs
> some more tweaks for CA path:
> wine curl.exe -k https://litmus.mozilla.org/
> curl: (77) Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)
>
> though strange that this happens although I use -k (insecure) option ...

Where can I download the curl.exe binary? If it's not public, please send it
to me off-list. I'll try my own fortune.

> > If yes, then we can find out some more generic way to find NSS libraries
> > during cross-compile...
>
> currently it seems that only OpenSSL is really working - when I try to
> use gnutls I get another usage prob (while I can pass configure whoes):
> gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS packet with unexpected length was
> received.

I think libcurl-NSS could be quite useful even on Windows. You can e.g. share
your certificate database among FireFox and libcurl based applications...

Kamil