Re: NSS and configure and pkg-config

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:21:40 +0200

On Monday 31 of August 2009 14:56:36 Guenter wrote:
> > # Without pkg-config, we'll kludge in some defaults
> > addlib="-L$OPT_NSS/lib -lssl3 -lsmime3 -lnss3 -lplds4 -lplc4 -lnspr4
> > -lpthread -ldl" addcflags="-I$OPT_NSS/include"

I am not an autotools guru, but this line looks like a bad idea to me. It's
not generic enough assumption. It's a bit subtle to place something like this
to configure.ac.

> > version="unknown"
> > nssprefix=$OPT_NSS
>
> yes, and a friend just posted to me that packageinfo is ignored with
> cross-compile - so that explains why this defaults drop in ...
> I've now tried some more hacks, f.e.
> export ac_cv_path_PKGCONFIG=/usr/bin/pkg-config
> or
> export PKGCONFIG=/usr/bin/pkg-config
> but nevertheless config.log always shows:
> PKGCONFIG='no'

Is really pkg-config the only obstruction which prevents libcurl-NSS to be
built by mingw? Are you able to build libcurl-NSS if you change the
suspicious line manually (by removing -ldl and adding whatever it lacks)?

If yes, then we can find out some more generic way to find NSS libraries
during cross-compile...

Kamil