Re: Building libcurl for QNX

From: puneet sharma <p.sharma83_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:16:06 +0530

> $ ./configure && make && make isntall
>
> in the curl directory... I figure you typically cross-compile for QNX so
> you'd also need to add some funky --target= options to the configure
> invokes.

I get the following messages:
=========
$ ./configure
checking whether to enable debug build options... no
checking whether to enable compiler optimizer... not specified (assuming
yes)
checking whether to enable strict compiler warnings... no
checking whether to enable curl debug memory tracking... no
checking for sed... /bin/sed
checking for grep... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ar... no
configure: error: ar not found in PATH. Cannot continue without ar.
=========

I have searched through curl forum and many have reported this issue, but
the normal recommended solution was to use the precompiled version of the
library for the required platform. I think iam missing a component in my
build environment. Since you have developed the configure utility, can you
please let me know what is "ar" is it some archiving tool? where can i find
it ?

--

--
Regards