SSL, cURL, and paypal

From: Brandon Tate <brandonntate_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 23:23:03 -0400

I sent a message out a little while ago that I couldn't connect to
payflow with cURL. I solved that. I was setting the port with a curl
option and needed to include https:// in the url.

However, now I'm having an issue where if I set the path to a pem file
with CURLOPT_CAPATH I can connect but it freezes and dies somehow or
another after that. If I set the path with CURLOPT_SSLCERT I get the
error

* Connected to pilot-payflowpro.paypal.com (216.113.190.200) port 443
* unable to set private key file: '/usr/local/verisign/payflowpro/
linux/certs/payflow-G2.pem' type PEM

I also tried setting a cer that way which didn't work. Any theories
on that?