Re: Dead connection is reused

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:20:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, André Cruz wrote:

> I'm have problems with a software called shibboleth which uses libcurl. It
> seems it tries to use a dead connection sometimes and returns an error
> without trying to reconnect. The libcurl debian package version is
> 7.15.5-1etch2.

Facts about 7.15.5:

  17 releases have been made since
  1157 days older than the most recent version
  412 bug fixes have been made since that release and 143 changes

I can't say your description rings any particular bells, but it's been three
years so it still is likely we discussed or fixed exactly this problem in the
past.

> is shibboleth using curl in a wrong way?

That I cannot tell since I have no idea how it/they use libcurl. But I would
say that it is unlikely that they can cause such a problem to appear.

I'm sorry, but you won't catch my real interest unless you can repeat this
problem with a modern libcurl version.