Re: debugging a crash in Curl_pgrsTime/checkPendPipeline?

From: <johansen_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:30:28 -0700

Daniel,

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 09:11:59PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, johansen_at_sun.com wrote:
>> I'll try a couple of different approaches. I will send out an updated
>> patch once I find something that works well.
>
> Great!

As promised, here's a new patch and webrev that encompasses the issues
I've run into with pipelining so far. This fixes the use after free
problems previously discovered, as well as the data corruption bug with
resumed transfers. I also found another case where the client might
reference a free'd easy_conn, and have fixed that as well.

A web-based set of diffs (webrev) is available from here:

http://cr.opensolaris.org/~johansen/curl-crash/

The patch has gotten larger. Instead of attaching the diffs directly,
I'm providing a pointer. Hopefully, this will make better use of the
list's resources.

The patch is available here:

http://cr.opensolaris.org/~johansen/curl-crash/curl-ws.patch

If you have time to review this, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,

-j