Re: Libcurl Dying at Perform()

From: Jean-Philippe Barette-LaPierre <jpbarrette_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:08:24 -0400

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Brandon Tate <brandonntate_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2009, at 5:49 PM, Kamil Dudka wrote:
>
> On Sunday 16 of August 2009 23:43:31 Brandon Tate wrote:
>>
>>> I've been messing around quite a bit and have made some discoveries.
>>>
>>> 1) Can run examples from the command line (used google.com).
>>> 2) Cgi doesn't crash if no URL Option is set.
>>>
>>> So, why would curl just die if a URL is set. Other options can be set
>>> without an issue. Maybe a permissions issue with outgoing connections
>>> in the cgi? Not sure how I would go about checking that. Any insight/
>>> suggestions?
>>>

>> There can be different libraries used from the command line and different
>> from
>> the CGI script. Yes, there might be also a problem with permissions. But I
>> have no experiences with CGI yet. Maybe someone else could give an advice.
>>
>> But at first you need to discover how does it die. Maybe you want to dig
>> some
>> CGI logs?
>>
>> Kamil
>>

> Nothing prints to the logs when it dies. That's what's been driving us
> crazy. We can't find any information. All we know is it dies at perform()
> and only when a url is set. I'm just looking for common causes we could
> check at this point.

What I would do is try to execute the program without using the http server
environment. The CGI is an executable? Then, run in on the command line and
try to debug it with GDB.
However, I just want to make sure you no longer have a linking problem? Have
you got rid of the warning messages when linking?