Re: Multithreaded Perl application crash with HTTPS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:10:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009, Jagathish Poornalingam wrote:

> I use WWW::Curl::Easy module to use cURL in my perl application. My
> application has a lot of threads and each of them request pages through
> HTTPS. After some time of running, the application crashes.
>
> Looking at the "multithreading" hints for OpenSSL, I need to set some
> callbacks to get it work correctly. And I dont know how to do that from
> perl.

I have a few suggestions:

1 - check if the OpenSSL binding allows you do to those things

2 - write the code in C and cram them in with the libcurl binding and offer a
     perl API for them (could even be abstracted to work with GnuTLS too)

3 - ask people in the perl community how they tend to work with multi-
     threaded OpenSSL and see if if you can re-use other's implementations or
     concepts