Re: Problems in upload/download a file through SFTP in Solaris in a thread other than main thread using CURL library

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:24:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009, tldang01 wrote:

> I'm having a probems in in upload/download a file through SFTP on Solaris
> 5.7 in a thread other than main thread using CURL library. I tried versions:
> 7.16.xx, 7.17.xx, 7.18.xx, 7.19.xx of CURL library and the results were the
> same: the function curl_easy_perform returned CURLE_FAILED_INIT. When I ran
> the code in the main thread, everything was ok.
>
> I tried recompiling the CURL library with newer version of OpenSsl (version
> 0.9.8) and LibSsh2 (version 1.2 and snapshot 1.2.1-20090812) but the results
> were still CURLE_FAILED_INIT.

Hm. This problem was reported before on libssh2 and then confirmed to have
been fixed after I committed a fix... Your mail here of course make me wonder
if this is the same problem or a different one.

FAILED_INIT is so very early it feels odd. Can you possibly single-step
through with a debugger to figure out exactly what is failing?