Re: CURL use

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:42:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Kiran Kumar wrote:

>> Can anyone help me with the procedure to use CURL with SAS to extract
>> page titles for SSL(Pages protected with Username and p/w) Websites.
>>
>> I have downloaded CURL (Win32 2000/XP 7.19.5 libcurl) and now I do not know
>> how to move forward with extracting the page titles of the https web pages.
>>
>> I have a data set with a list of URLs that are secured and I would like to
>> get the titles for all these pages using CURL.

If you want to use libcurl, you write a program that uses the libcurl API to
fetch the pages and then you parse them the extract what you need.

Or you write a script that uses curl the tool to download the data, and then
parse them using the script or an external tool such as sed or awk or whatever
you have at hand.