VC express edition problem - thank you for reading.

From: Alexander Gallego <gallego.alexx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 21:29:30 -0400

Hello,

I'm sure the veterans here get tons of emails on how to install libcurl on a
windows machine.

I want to point out that I am successfully running libcurl both in unix and
linux. However, for the project i'm doing now
it is necessary that i compile it in windows as i'm coding for a win app.

These are the things i've done.

Read every thread of the mailing list regarding vc /vc express /vc
2008/06/05

read the website for common errors including DLIBCURL_STATICLIB ....

I have added the sources/variables/libraries

I've successfully produced a libcurl.lib

I've downloaded libcurl.lib off the internet and tried linking against it.

I've read the part of libcurl documentation that mentions the linking errors
about unresolved vars/ _curl_easy_init() ///

I've used this guide from the treads
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/Using-libcurl-with-SSH-support-in-Visual-Studio-2008.pdf

I would mention other things that i've done, but it gives a pretty good
picture of what i've done. and I can't get it to work.

Please let me know what files/output you want me to post so that users in
the mailing lists can help.

I would appreciate ANY suggestions/tips anything.

Thanks to anyone for any suggestions in advance.

ps. I've also tried compiling with cygwin/dev-c++/eclipse modules/minGW/....
it just doesn't work on win. I wish i could just code it in my other
machines.

--
Sincerely,
Alex