Re: c-ares and IPv6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:07:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, Kamil Dudka wrote:

> Thanks for clarification! In fact I am asking because we want to switch to
> c-ares in Fedora's libcurl packages [1].

I know Andreas Schuldei in the Debian project also has been working on this.
And I too dream of the day when we can enable c-ares as default resolver for
libcurl.

At July 11th 2008 he put a curl package in Debian Unstable with c-ares
enabled, only to backpedal it out again at July 14th due to the problems
people were having[*]. I don't think any of those problems have resulted in
bug reports back to us/c-ares though, so I can't say I know a lot more than
this. Of course c-ares has done two releases since, and there's even more
changes in CVS.

Andreas, you still around? Do you have any details/reports from this adventure
for us? (Just note that unless you're subscribed to this list, your mail won't
go through to it.)

[*] = I pulled the dates from http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/curl.html