Doesn't fwrite() return the number of objects written, not the number of bytes?

From: Петър Иванов <petar.n.ivanov_at_abv.bg>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:04:19 +0300 (EEST)

Hi guys,

I was just writing a simple FTP-based application that needs to download files from an FTP server. I am passing a FILE pointer to my CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION. I return (size * fwrite(buffer, size, nmemb, stream) ). I do this because 'man fwrite' says that fwrite() returns nmemb in case successful. Is this correct? Does the write callback really needs to return the number of bytes processed? It may overflow, as the return value is also size_t. The FTP example here: http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/docs/examples/ftpget.c
 returns fwrite() only. Or maybe I am missing something?

Thanks.

BR,
Peter