I've been trying to build curl multiple times but always fail :-(

From: <harald54_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 20:00:54 +0200

Hi
I successfully installed openssl 0.9.8k (make test -> OK, make install
-> OK, /usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl -> working)
I tried to build curl-7.19.5 but failed right at the start:
./configure --with-ssl
checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... no
checking for CRYPTO_add_lock in -lcrypto... yes
checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... no
checking for ssl with RSAglue/rsaref libs in use...
checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... (cached) no no
configure: error: OpenSSL libs and/or directories were not found where specified!

I've tried:
* FAQ hint LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -> not working
* configure w/o "--with-ssl" -> OK
* --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl -> not working
* --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl/lib -> not working
* configure & build (cross compiling) w/ "--with-ssl" -> OK (but not tested on target system)
* diffrent versions of openssl in combination with diffrent versions of curl
* openssl build static/shared
* praying -> not working
Any hints?

config.log is attached