Re: max download/upload speed setting (libcurl, Delphi)

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:49:35 -0500

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> The CURL_SIZEOF_CURL_OFF_T define should be usable for this. And the
> CURL_TYPEOF_CURL_OFF_T define should be useful to figure out what "real"
> type the curl_off_t is.

But again, since the pascal compiler can't read curlbuild.h,
I can't think of any way to generate a portable binding
without access to the specific curlbuild.h file for each
possible platform.

Possibly the best approach for the pascal side is to define
curl_off_t as int64 with a disclaimer in the docs saying
the application must either use a DLL that is compatible
with that definition, or redefine it to suit.

Another runtime approach that comes to mind is to use
curl_version_info() to check if the CURL_VERSION_LARGEFILE
bit is set, would that guarantee that we are using a 64bit
curl_off_t ?

 - Jeff