Re: Curl to .htaccess problem - passing id/passwd to subdirectories

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 00:27:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, Dick Fleming wrote:

> Using the code below I can pass an id/password to an .htacss/.htpasswd file
> and log directly into a secured page.

You mean you can fetch a HTTP page using athorization.

> But when I click on any link

There you lost me. You *click* a link. What do you click with? On what link?
Why would libcurl magically fix links for you?

Or perhaps put differently: your program needs to convert whatever link you
receive with magic to make them "clickable" without getting prompted. libcurl
only transfers data for you. You need to make sense out of that data.