Re: HTTP Proxy with Windows SSPI

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:25:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Marek Dabek wrote:

> conn->bits.proxy_user_passwd =
> #ifdef USE_WINDOWS_SSPI
> conn->bits.proxy;
> #else
> (bool)(NULL != data->set.str[STRING_PROXYUSERNAME]);
> #endif

I dislike that suggestion. It makes libcurl act differently than otherwise
solely based on build-time conditions and it'll make really hard to make the
application work properly if it isn't perfectly aware of what the particular
libcurl is built to support. I much rather prefer to have a zero length name
trigger the default name/password behavior. Like if you set user+password to
":". It would also make it similar to the kerberos/gss stuff.

Just because SSPI support is enabled doesn't mean you want to use it.