Re: Memory when threading curl

From: Phil Blundell <pb_at_reciva.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:54:56 +0100

On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 12:01 +0300, John D wrote:
> The issue is how much ram curl it is requiring. I literally must
> leave the default stack size within debian at 8mb.
> So with 16gb of ram I am getting 1800-2000 threads. Any more and I
> will encounter a seg fault in relation to thread resources.
> A lower stack and it is curl's chance to seg fault.

This certainly doesn't sound like the normal curl behaviour. I have a
libcurl-based application running quite happily on a machine which has
only 32MB RAM in total (and no swap). Admittedly this is only with a
single thread, and maybe 10-20 active easy handles at any one time, but
I'm fairly sure curl is not using 8MB of stack space.

Whereabouts in curl does it segfault if you run it with a smaller stack?

p.