RE: curl-library Digest, Vol 46, Issue 53

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 10:28:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, xuhf wrote:

Please consider not using the digest option for the mailing list if you intend
to post/reply to mails. We like when replies are threaded fine and keep the
subject so that we can keep track of everything easier.

>> libcurl "decodes" the chunked encoding and calls the write function, so an
>> application will never see any encoding or even need to bother about it being
>> there or not.

> Maybe I didn't explain my problem clearly. In fact, I just want to get one
> chunk data, not entire response body. So I must get each chunklength. I know
> libcurl knows how large each chunk is, but can I?

You can only do that by disabling libcurl's internal chunked decoder and then
do that yourself instead: see CURLOPT_HTTP_TRANSFER_DECODING.