Re: Addional VMS files needed to build and kit Curl.

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 05:25:46 +0200

Hi John,

2009/6/20, John E. Malmberg wrote:

> [...]
> The build and kitting procedures required an additional 32 files. The
> readme. file in that list has been updated for building using the GNV
> package.
> [...]

Without knowing the real contents and purpose of each new file you
mention I can hardly comment on anything. In any case...

Does it make sense to have a subdirectory, named GNV or something
else, below curl/packages/VMS that would hold this files alternative
VMS build method?

> [...]
> gnv$conftest.opt gnv$curl.opt
> gnv$first_include.h gnv$getenv.c_first
> gnv$homedir.c_first gnv$netrc.c_first
> [...]

Do these file names actually have a dollar character in them, or is
the 'gnv' part already a subdirectory? I think it could be problematic
to have file names with dollar characters in CVS.

> [...]
> Is it possible to get these into the CVS repository?

If they help building curl/libcurl on a given system and don't deviate
from curl standards, and are equally licensed, I see no reason for not
being included in CVS.

> If so, what would be the best way for me to post them?

If you wish send them to me off-list, or have Daniel give you CVS write access.

Cheers,

--
-=[Yang]=-