Re: problem with multi interface and ftp

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 22:00:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009, m. allan noah wrote:

> Guys- I have an occasional problem with multi interface and ftp. I have two
> easy handles active, and I remove them from the multi after I have finished,
> so I can change a few settings, and then add them back. this works fine most
> of them time. but maybe one transfer out of 100, curl segfaults, either when
> adding the url to the easy, or when adding the easy to the multi. valgrind
> output from the latter case is attached.

That log isn't done with 7.19.5, is it? I couldn't get the functions and line
numbers to match.

> this only happens on certain machines, but with both 7.19.0 and 7.19.5.
> Other machines have no problem, but always after the message:
>
> Delayed kill of easy handle ...

The "Delayed kill" thing is when libcurl keeps an easy handle around interally
in the multi handle, since there is at least one FTP connection left alive and
that connection needs an easy handle to be able to get disconnected properly
(since QUIT is to be sent etc).

But I can't say that I have any other tips than regular debugging techniques.