RE: Help on usinig Curl on vxwrks

From: Igor Novoseltsev <IgorN_at_radvision.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 20:11:27 +0300

> strerror_r() on VxWorks might have two arguments but the return type
> is not the error converted to a string. It is something like OK or
> ERROR. You should probably write an VxWorks wrapper for that function.

I modified an existing wrapper - Curl_strerror. Please review the
updated patch.

> I have not bothered to look up open() with three args but there could
> happen something similar as above. You'll know better than me.

It's semantics is the same as the *NIX-style open().

> config-vxworks.h seems to be manually adjusted from a config.h file
> generated cross-compiling or something with curl's configure version
> prior to 7.19.5

U'r right: I used the Red Hat Linux 2.6.9 config.h as a basis.
Do you want me to generate the Linux config.h using the 7.19.5 and
integrate VxWorks changes into it?

> Don't include header files in config-vxworks.h If you badly need to do
> something similar generate another file like 'setup-vxworks.h' which
> will include those header files, and have 'setup-vxworks.h' included
> from setup.h close to where setup-os400.h is currently included.

Done. Please review the updated patch.

> In Makefile.vxworks why do you copy config-vxworks.h as config.h?
> There should be no need at all this is a non-configure build.

Fixed. Please review the updated patch.

> -=[Yang]=-

Thanks for valuable comments!