Re: reply to all: CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT when FTP upload with large files

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 00:16:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 31 May 2009, A-ZYSTEMS wrote:

>> It sounds like the typical case of the control connection having timed-out
>> (through a firewall or NAT) by the time the data
>> connection is complete.
>
> When I extend the timeouts with CURLOPT_TIMEOUT Or
> CURLOPT_FTP_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT to 3 Hours for example, curl_easy_perform hang
> for 3 ours.

Uh, the timeout I was talking about is in the firewall or NAT, not libcurl.

> My Program is a photo book application.

It really doesn't matter what your application is. If the reason for the
problem is the timeout I'm guessing at, then there's not a lot your app or
libcurl can do. You'd need to make some kind of work around in your app to
make sure the transfers are always shorter than the timeout period.

You can of course easily test if this is what's happening and then you'd know
for sure. If it isn't this timeout, then I'm very puzzled to what it would be
and we'd need to start digging for real to find the cure.