Re: make cURL bindings into JAR?

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 03:04:08 +0200

Hi,
Thufir schrieb:
> I'm not clear on how to proceed with cURL for Java:
>
> <http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/java/>
this is an older version which didnt have a Unix makefile; the makefile
you executed is a MingW32 one. Please use the latest version I pointed
you to in previous post - this has a Makefile.unix as well as a
configure magic;
but be warned: I've just tested our latest version on a x86_64 box, and
it crashed - no idea if it works at least on i586 with recent libcurl.
If you run into further trouble then please include your OS, and libcurl
version + place where libcurl headers and lib are installed.
Last time we tested this was with libcurl 7.17.1 as you've seen from
makefile - at this time it worked on Linux 32bit + Win32 + NetWare
platforms.

> The jar needs to be built from the makefile?
the jar is optional.

Günter.