Re: libCURL for HTTP upload

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 00:22:10 +0200

Hi,
puneet sharma schrieb:
> Iam using libCURL for uploading documents to an HTTP server. I do not
> have a server as of now, so i downloaded a test tool from
> http://www.hping.org/wbox/ which can simulate an HTTP server.
>
> Now when i try to verify the uploads, it completes with success however
> no documents are uploaded. I think this is due to an issue with the tool
> and plan to verify with other test tools. However, i could not find any
> test tools which can simulate HTTP server. Can somebody help me locate it?
its senseless to look for a simulator since later you want to have your
app working against real http servers. Look for Apache2 webserver:
http://httpd.apache.org/
which is already included with almost every Linux distro, and for Win32
you can download binaries from above link.
Depending on how you want to perform the uploads you will further need a
programming language like PHP or Perl which can handle form uploads, or
mod_put if you want the webserver to handle the upload (PUT method).

Gün.