intermittent "Could not resolve host"

From: Tiberiu Motoc <tiberiu.motoc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:29:07 -0700

Hi,

Very rarely (I estimate 1/250 times) I get the following error from
Curl: "Could not resolve host: [URL_host_name] (Domain name not
found)". I always access the same URL. I don't use a proxy, nor do I
use SSL. There is a company firewall setup, but I don't have access to
it. Today, there happened to be a problem with the firewall (I don't
know the details) and I've seen this error being generated more often.
I just don't know how to debug this. Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

Thanks,
Tiberiu