potential TFTP bug

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:44:07 +0200

Hi all,
recently on the busybox list there came up this issue:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorcerer's_Apprentice_Syndrome
and the OP stated that tftpd-hpa server seems also affected (though did
not mention with which version). I wonder if cURL as client might also
suffer from this issue - though did not look at the code yet if there's
something in which avoids this issue. Anyway, code changes every now and
then, and I was thinking if we could perhaps add a testcase for this;
though not really sure how this can be done. What I could think of is we
could probably add a switch to our test tftpd server to delay packets
until cURL as client times out. and then check if we get an ACK twice...

Gün.