Re: Getting libcurl 7.19.4 to work with Symbian

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 20:22:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 May 2009, Frank McGeough wrote:

> I've gotten libcurl to work with Nokia's S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9 for both
> HTTP and HTTPS. Although there are definitely things to investigate and
> change about what I've done I thought I'd share what I did in case someone
> else finds it helpful. Take this with a grain of salt because I'm neither a
> Symbian nor a libcurl expert and this applies only to the environment noted.

Please provide changes as a patch done with diff -u. It makes life so much
easier for those who'd like to apply the patch.

> in the config-symbian file :
>
> Comment out ENABLE_IPV6 #define. Open-c on Symbian doesn't support it. Not
> only doesn't support it but It crashed on a socket call with this enabled
> (instead of just returning an invalid socket).

That's funny since Dan F (who did the initial port to Symbian) must've added
that #define explicitly for Symbian...

> /* disable NTLM for Symbian */
> #define CURL_DISABLE_NTLM 1
>
> The NTLM stuff didn't compile and I didn't need it.

The NTLM code is using the "ordinary" OpenSSL api if you want to so it should
really just work. What part(s) didn't compile?

> line 477: illegal implicit conversion from 'int' to:'struct ui_method_st *'
> I don't know why this is complaining. For now I just added an explicit cast
> :
>
> UI_METHOD *ui_method = (UI_METHOD *)UI_OpenSSL();

It seems you don't have the correct prototype for the UI_OpenSSL() function in
your openssl header?

> lines 1998 through 2008...the compiler had trouble with these. For now I
> just #ifdef'd them out.
>
> case EVP_PKEY_DSA:
> #if NOT_WORKING_YET

These two indicate your OpenSSL being somewhat odd. Any chance you can see if
you can figure that out, as then we might be able to figure out a more
suitable #ifdef for that line and then possibly something we can merge into
the mainline sources?