NTLM autentication fails after a 302 redirect

From: Laurent Rabret <laurent_rabret_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 11:02:17 +0200

Hi,

Using libcurl 7.19.4

1) Libcurl successfully authenticate an HTML entry page thanks to NTLM
2) the entry page sends a 302 on a new page, same domain name
3) libcurl does not populate the authentication and the access fails with a 401 message (only 1 access)

Of course, if I directly ask libcurl to access the redirected page, the authentication succeeds.

Let me highlight the authentication mechanism is performed correctly from pages to pages if I force the BASIC authentication.

I can also systematically reproduce this behaviour with curl. Command: curl -L --ntlm -u "domain\user:password" http://comain/entry

Can you tell me if this behaviour is "by designed" or if it is a bug and do you know if there's a workaround?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Laurent

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out!