RE: LibCurlNet: httpproxytunnel gets timeout

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 14:42:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 May 2009, AMBROSINI Marco wrote:

> Ok, so I'll go on using my old port number and I'll check again with the
> admin if they can unblock the SSL for this port.

That doesn't parse.

You should ask the admin to allow CONNECT through the proxy to port 443.

> Because the admin told me that the port 443 is open for https and I thought
> I am using HTTPS with http tunneling.

If it is open, you should be able to do HTTPS to the outside through the
proxy, yes. Which is what CONNECT to port 443 usually is used for.

> Does the FTP server use the same port I' using?

You use the port to your proxy. You then ask the proxy to talk to the remote
ftp server and unless you specify a port that means port 21.

> May it receive the same error I got when it answers me?

You connected to the wrong port. If you ask the proxy to connect to a wrong
port number I'm sure you'll get something similar back, yes.