RE: LibCurlNet: httpproxytunnel gets timeout

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 14:03:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 May 2009, AMBROSINI Marco wrote:

>> And your proxy is actually listening on port 443? It's a very unusual port
>> for a HTTP proxy.
>
> Hi, I used port 443 because before I got the error:
>
> HTTP/1.1 502 Proxy Error

No no no no no. You got a response from the proxy, thus you used the *correct*
proxy port number.

The message you got back from the proxy was in regard to what you asked the
proxy to do for you:

> ( The specified Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) port is not allowed. ISA Server
> is not configured to allow SSL requests from this port. Most Web browsers
> use port 443 for SSL requests. )

It seems this proxy refuses CONNECT to port 443 for you. That's very strict,
but unless you can get the admin to change it there's nothing you can do about
it. Use CONNECT to another port (assuming any port at all is allowed), or
don't use CONNECT at all.

> I should use the HTTPS ports, shouldn't I?

No.