Re: getting curl aborted, what do i do wrong

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 09:21:44 +0200

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 May 2009, gene golub wrote:
>
>> I am new curl user.
>
> It seems you're looking for the curl-users mailing list then! I'm cc'ing my
> response over to that list.
>
>> C:/curl>./curl http://www.netscape.com/
>> [1] + Done(134) ./curl http://www.netscape.com/
>>  2068  Abort   ./curl
>
> Wow. I've never seen anything like it. I don't even know what it means...

Looks like a mixture of Unix and Windows.

The prompt looks like a normal command.com or cmd.exe prompt, except
that the slash is wrong.

Using ./ in front of the command name will not work on Windows as far
as I know. Using a backslash instead (i.e. .\curl http://...) would
work, but is not something Windows people are likely to do.

What platform is this? Windows? Which version? With Cygwin or MSYS
or something similar? Or is it e.g. bash on Linux with PS1 set to
"C:\w>"?

The "[1] + Done" bit looks like something that might happen if you
have ampersands in the URL, so that "curl http://start/of/url?a=1&"
gets run in the background and then the shell tries to run
"restOfUrl=2" as a shell command, which fails.

Is http://www.netscape.com/ really the URL you are using?

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>